Thursday, November 5, 2015

Angie Shaka Breaks Silence

Calls On National Board and Administration To Act Fast
The Vice President of the Minnesota of the Grand Gedeh Association, Madam Angie Shaka, has broken her silence since the election malaise has broken down the unity of the Chapter. Madam Shaka is calling on the National Board of Directors and National Administration to move fast and act to bring the situation in the Chapter to an amicable resolution.
In her Open Letter To The National Leadership, Angie said there is a fire burning in the Chapter and it needs to be quenched quickly.
“This is why I am calling on the National Administration of Mr. Fred Gwyan and the National Board of Chairman Joseph Dueh to do something about this situation quickly before it is too late because right now our chapter is on fire,” Madam Shaka said.

BELOW IS THE TEXT OF ANGIE SHAKA'S OPEN LETTER TO THE NATIONAL LEADERSHIP OF GGAA


Open Letter To The GGAA National Leadership
November 1, 2015

Mr. National President and National Board Chairman:
I, Angeline Shaka, Vice President of the Minnesota Chapter write to inform you that I am completely against the cancellation of the September 27, [2015] elections in our chapter. The two contesting candidates should have been allowed to partake in the elections and whoever wins becomes our President, rather than cancelling the elections, something I believe was not in the best interest of our chapter.
Besides that, I strongly disagree with the role President Alec Deah has been playing in the whole process because I believe our administration should have played a neutral role and give Grand Gedeans the chance to elect whoever they want to succeed us. As Vice President to President Deah in this chapter, I will never back anything I know very well is completely wrong and will bring division within our chapter. I want us to leave office peacefully and leave behind a united chapter.
Again, I recall writing President Deah on Tuesday, July 14, [2015] expressing my disagreement with him when he said the National Board was interfering in the Minnesota Chapter’s internal matter. This was after the Board Chairman, Joseph Dueh wrote and informed us that the Board has appointed Mr. Kai Matthew Whyee and his team to come for investigation [mission] when this matter was first referred to the Board by GGAA National President, Mr. Fred Gwyan.
This is why I blame President Deah for allowing the disqualification of one team to happen, which has now brought confusion and division in our chapter. I know if President Deah was not in support of that action, it would not have happened. President Deah knew that elections never took place, but he invited me on Sunday, October 11, [2015] to join him one hour to the time to turn over the chapter’s office and bank accounts, when in fact, elections have not taken place.
That was why I refused to participate in something I knew was very, very wrong. All of us knew that election has not taken place in our chapter, so why should I join him to turn over the chapter’s property to anybody else?
Additionally, the turnover was due to take place three days after we received a letter from the National President on Friday, October 9, [2015] placing a ‘HOLD’ on the entire process until a full investigation was conducted in this matter. The National President, [Mr. Gwyan] said he took that decision because he received another complaint from the Minnesota Chapter. So I fell President Deah’s action of turning over our chapter’s property to somebody who was not elected is a defiance to the National President’s decision.
I decided to make my position clear now because people who do not know me may think that I am in support of what President Deah is doing. I feel it is my right to speak out on behalf of the people who elected all of us two years ago. I told President Deah that even though I supported him throughout our administration, I disagree with him on this particular election issue.
During elections time, that is when the people who elected us will have the chance to again exercise their rights to vote for another group of people of their choice. The fact that I am the Vice President to President Deah does not mean that I cannot disagree with him and must support everything he does. I will always respectfully express my disagreement with him whenever I feel his actions are not in the best interest of our chapter, especially concerning this election issue. I have always expressed my disagreement to President Deah in private.
However, I decided to speak out now because I was also not given the chance to vote because the elections were not held. Besides being Vice President, I also have the right to vote for whoever I wanted to vote for. I am also making my positions public now because as Vice President, I do not want people to think that when all this was going on, I did not speak out. I will continue to speak out until this whole matter is resolved peacefully.
I don’t really care who wins, but elections must take place, that is what I believe democracy is all about. I don’t have to be a politician to know or understand that one. I want us to leave office peacefully and not leave confusion behind.
My mean concern right now is that elections must be held in our chapter for us to freely choose our next leaders. This is why I am calling on the National Administration of Mr. Fred Gwyan and the National Board of Chairman Joseph Dueh to do something about this situation quickly before it is too late because right now our chapter is on fire.

Please below my letter to Mr. Alec Deah on July 14, 2015 advising him to respect the Board.

Angeline Shaka
Vice President, Minnesota Chapter, GGAA Inc.

July 14, 2015

Mr. Alec Deah
President,
Minnesota Chapter, GGAA Inc.

Mr. President;

After carefully reading the National Board Chairman’s letter to our administration, I am convinced it was written in good faith. I did not see anything in the letter which shows any interference in our chapter’s internal matter as you stated in your response to Chairman Pyne.
In my opinion, I believe the Chairman was not in any way taking side in this matter. He was only informing you that he was suspending the chapter’s elections until an investigation was conducted. I do not think defying or trying to ignore the National Board’s decision is the right thing to do. However, if you insist on going ahead with the chapter’s elections even though the National Board advised you not to do so, then you do not have my support.

Be reminded that our chapter is under the National Board and the National Administration as such; we must respect both bodies’ decisions if we have nothing to hide.

Truly yours’
Angie Shaka
Vice President, MN Chapter, GGAA Inc.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR4dYMCqa10

No comments:

Post a Comment