Saturday, July 6, 2019

Martin Kollie: Bereft of Moral Compass, Swimming With Criminals

Martin Kollie - a kid sandwiched by greedy politicians


Part IV
For an evening dose, let’s dissect the first two paragraphs of Martin Kollie's garbage in his second part article. Martin set up charges for me to respond to. Before I address his so-called charges, I should like to educate Martin on his demand for me to tell President Weah to publish his asset. Perhaps, Martin and others are just lazy opposition bag boys. If the assets of President Weah is that important to them, they have three things to do:
      A)    They should go to the GAC and request it. If the GAC refuses,
      B)    They should go to the LACC and request it. If the LACC refuses,
      C)    They should go to court and obtain a court order to obtain the asset.
There is nowhere in the Act creating Conflict of Interest that mandates the asset declarer to publish it in newspapers or read it on radio or show it on the TV. The responsibility to get a copy of the asset lies with the individual or group that wants it. So, I don’t see why these people would not find a lawyer and proceed to the court and test the system. They don’t really want the President’s asset. They simply want to make noise about it and gain relevance out of it.


Having said that, let me now deal with Martin Kollie’s charges against me:
      1)      Racketeering and Puppeteering: First, let’s define the two words.
Racketeering - a crime of extortion or coercion. A racketeer attempts to obtain money or property from another person, usually through intimidation or force. Let me ask, who did I extort money from? What is the evidence of extortion? As far as Martin is concerned, any charge can be levied. If Martin were police director, what would happen to the common people? I guess he will levy any charges once it occurs to his mind.
Puppeteering - a person who manipulates an inanimate object that might be shaped like a human. Can you imagine Martin charged me with such a crime because he thinks I manipulated inanimate (non-movable) object, say a statute! What is this so-called UL senior talking about? What kind book these boys are learning at the UL?

      2)      Extortion and Blackmailing:
Extortion – a crime of obtaining money from people by force or threat. What is Martin’s understanding of racketeering and extortion? Both are the same. My legal understanding of the words, extortion is the element of the racketeering. But for Martin, both are separable. That is the very educated and intelligent man. No wonder he has stayed too long at the University of Liberia.
Blackmailing - A crime of demand for money or benefit from someone in return for compromise. It is unfathomable that Martin thinks I am demanding money from someone to compromise something. By the way, who am I blackmailing or demanding money from for compromise? Is it him? Or is it President Weah for whom I am paid agent? What kind of learning those guys are doing at the University of Liberia. Martin muddied the name of the UL that I so much respect.
      3)      Bootlicking and Carpetbagging:
Bootlicking - An allegation that I try to gain favor by submissive or sycophantic manner. Martin believes I am submissive or sycophantic to President Weah to gain favor from the President. This is rather an overblown accusation that has no iota of proof. I have never met Weah Since I have been in the US almost 13 years now. I traveled to Liberia twice and never came close to the President. I have never solicited money, job or anything. I have critiqued the government several times and will still do so without fear of favor. But that is what Liberians do. When you agree with them, you are a patriotic. When you disagree with things they say about government, you are unpatriotic, paid agent, sycophant, etc. When you say or do nothing, you are coward. This is the MO of most lazy activists, advocates and politicians in Liberia. They criticize daily and expect those they criticize to be tolerant. But when you criticize them, they are angry, not tolerant and they become very rash and belligerent.
Carpetbagging - seeking political election in an area where one has no local connections. Can you imagine this other charge! Martin actually is alleging that I am seeking political election where I have no local connections. Are you kidding me! Does this kid think before he writes or is it how he got his little education? Why do these folks destroy the image of the UL daily? I am saddened.

Martin Kollie thinks by being verbose makes him a smart person. He writes plenty words, some of which he does not understand. And guess what…his followers herald him for that. In fact, they say he is destroying me already. They do not even understand what Martin is writing, but they convince themselves that it is okay…Sad!

Watch out for part V… 

No comments:

Post a Comment